United Way is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive salaries and benefits and a friendly, diverse work environment.
ASSOCIATE, COMMUNITY IMPACT DIVISION
POSITION Objective: United Way of Central New York is seeking an Associate to coordinate two United Way affinity groups and support the Community Impact Division in implementing and monitoring the Community Program Fund, which provides financial support to human service agencies serving the people of Syracuse and Onondaga County.
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
ACCOUNTABILITY: Director of Community Impact
- Coordinate two United Way affinity groups–Young Leaders United and Women United–in fundraising, event planning, member recruitment, scheduling, and administration. Plan, promote, and execute events including committee meetings, educational opportunities, professional and leadership development, volunteer activities, and networking. Conduct outreach to current and potential members and the community in person and via social media, email, and telephone. Provide administrative support as needed.
- Review agency and program applications, reports, and financial information to track and monitor the performance of funded agencies and programs. Research issues and trends affecting Syracuse and Onondaga County, specifically human services provision, urban poverty, and poverty reduction strategies; includes collecting and analyzing community data, participating in community events, assessing community needs and trends, and providing information to staff, the Community Impact Committee and the Board of Directors, and application review teams.
- Assist with other projects and duties in Community Impact, Resource Development, and other divisions as directed by the Director of Community Impact, other Division managers, or President of United Way. Assist in the planning and execution of United Way events, including annual Kick Off Cook Off, Achievement Celebration, and Christmas Bureau distribution. Provide support to United Way-affiliated coalitions and initiatives, including Gifts In Kind, the Early Childhood Alliance, Housing & Homeless Coalition, Greater Syracuse HOPE Anti-Poverty Initiative, and the CA$H Coalition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with knowledge and experience in event planning, fundraising, human services provision, program implementation and evaluation, nonprofit management, marketing and social media strategies, and business or public administration.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in organization and management of multiple simultaneous projects and assignments with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to work with individuals from all levels and backgrounds, to work well independently as well as part of a team, to work in the office or out in the field, and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand and analyze fiscal and programmatic information, including confidential donor data, program performance reports, program budgets, and agency audits. Ability to succinctly and accurately report information to staff, the Board of Directors and its committees, affinity group members, and the public.
- Possess strong oral and written English language skills for effective communication with excellent spelling, grammar, and writing skills. Must be able to carefully proof own work. Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Access, and communication via telephone, email, and social media. Must have the ability and desire to learn new and/or customized software.
This job description is not an exclusive statement of the responsibilities of the position. Other appropriate duties may be required.
To apply, please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
UWCNY is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: We welcome resumes from qualified candidates applying for specific open positions, but we do not retain unsolicited resumes submitted for general consideration. We ask candidates to apply separately for each position for which they would like to be considered.