United Way is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive salaries and benefits and a friendly, diverse work environment.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Manage and oversee all financial operations including: Accounting and financial controls, budget, financial policies, and non-profit grants. MS in Accountin or MBA with accounting emphasis, or CPA, or comparable degree in a related field, or equivalent experience. At least 7 years experience with emphasis on non-profit accounting. Excellent employee benefits. UW is an equal opportunity employer. Respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO UNITED WAY PRESIDENT
This full-time, non-exempt position reports and provides administrative support to the United Way President. Responsible for typical administrative assistant responsibilities, taking and processing meeting minutes, working in several data bases, and other general clerical functions. High-level confidentiality is required for access to a variety of confidential information.
This position is responsible for:
- Overall administrative support.
- General clerical including copying, collating, filing, faxing, mailing, word processing data entry, excel files, and other related activity.
- Take accurate meeting minutes; process and distribute. Schedule and set up meeting rooms as necessary (including refreshments).
- Maintain files of correspondence, documentation and information.
- Set up and maintain both paper and computer files and databases, input information accurately.
- Provide back-up support to the Receptionist as directed; assist in other areas of the Agency as requested.
Must have minimum of three years office experience in a position requiring confidentiality, data base management and computer experience.
Skills necessary on a regular basis to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position:
- MS Windows Word, Excel, and Access; ability to learn new and/or customized software.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and writing skills.
- Strong oral and written English language skills.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, manage many concurrent projects and carefully proof own work.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Detail oriented; accuracy and consistency in all work.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and working independently.
- Demonstration of positive interpersonal and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY ON A REGULAR BASIS:
- Speech and hearing sufficient for constant in-person and telephone communication.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and reading various documents Manual dexterity sufficient for frequent use of a computer keyboard and other office equipment and for performing routine office functions, which may include the ability to stuff large quantities of envelopes or collate documents.
- Range of motion sufficient for movement within the UWCNY office.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry materials to a work location or the ability to place such materials on a handcart or other mode of assistance.
Excellent employee benefits! United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply by sending resume, cover letter and wage requirements to email@example.com.
DATA AND SYSTEMS ASSISTANT, HOUSING & HOMELESS COALITION
POSITION OBJECTIVE: United Way of Central New York is seeking a Data and Systems Assistant to maintain two databases and provide general assistance on behalf of the Housing and Homeless Coalition of Central New York (HHC). HHC is a coalition of agencies and stakeholders which acts as the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Continuum of Care (CoC) for Onondaga, Cayuga, and Oswego Counties, dedicated to reducing, preventing, and ultimately ending homelessness in all forms.
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time; non-exempt
ACCOUNTABILITY: HHC Director
- Manage regional housing database (nyhousingsearch.gov) and educate landlords regarding appropriate listings prior to entering their properties in the database to ensure for safe and quality housing.
- Assist in the maintenance of the CoC’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) to ensure high data quality.
- Provide technical assistance to agencies regarding their data quality needs.
- Manage the HHC’s website: hhccny.org
- Assist in managing HHC’s communication with the community, scheduling meetings, and developing and disseminating newsletters, agendas, and meeting minutes.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or three or more years of experience in human services preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in organization and management of multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience and ability to coordinate meetings, conduct training, and work with coalitions.
- Proven ability to work with individuals from all levels and backgrounds; recognizes and values diversity; process information with consideration for cultural sensitivities.
- Proficient with MS Windows Office Suite; must have the ability to learn new and/or customized software.
- Ability to work with flexibility and independence, and complete assignments with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal interpersonal skills for constant telephone and in-person communication. Strong oral and written English language skills for effective communication using excellent spelling, grammar, and writing skills. Must be able to carefully proof own work.
- Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License and have access to a motor vehicle to meet transportation requirements within three counties not served by public transportation, in addition to being willing to travel for various training/conferences/workshops.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary.
This job description is not an exclusive statement of the responsibilities of the position. Other appropriate duties may be required.
To apply, please send résumé with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We welcome resumes from qualified candidates applying for specific open positions, but we do not retain unsolicited resumes submitted for general consideration. We ask candidates to apply separately for each position for which they would like to be considered.