United Way is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive salaries and benefits and a friendly, diverse work environment.
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will:
- Articulate and communicate the strategic vision, leadership, and impact of the agency
- Design, execute and measure strategic marketing plan, with a metrics-driven mindset, using market insights to inform strategies
- Develop and implement comprehensive communications strategies that furthers the mission, programs, and initiatives of the United Way
- Contribute to the successful achievement of annual goals through effective marketing
- Manage digital strategy to engage key constituents through a variety of channels
- Ensure cohesive, consistent cross-channel communications that drive results
- Maintain consistent brand standards and create compelling, action-driven creative across a variety of media in support of marketing goals
- Manage or perform public speaking engagements
- Develop critical relationships with key agencies and creative resources for the successful execution of marketing strategies and to facilitate automation.
- Coach members of the marketing team and manage community United Way marketing team
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a relevant field with 7-10 years of experience in a non-profit setting and at least two years in a management role strongly preferred; proven track record of success in strategic marketing plan design and implementation with measurable outcomes and a solid understanding of digital marketing. Strong verbal and oral communication skills are essential, coupled with the ability to build internal and external networks.
If you love the rewarding challenge of building a brand and doing something to make our community a better place, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled.
UWCNY is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: We welcome resumes from qualified candidates applying for specific open positions, but we do not retain unsolicited resumes submitted for general consideration. We ask candidates to apply separately for each position for which they would like to be considered.
Greater Syracuse H.O.P.E. (Health, Opportunity, Prosperity and Empowerment) is hiring for an Administrative Assistant!
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative support to the Director of Greater Syracuse
H.O.P.E. High-level confidentiality is required for access to database housing personal contact information of community residents
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, Administrative Non-Exempt
ACCOUNTABILITY: Director of Greater Syracuse H.O.P.E
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS.
- Overall administrative support to the program.
- General clerical including copying, collating, filing, faxing, mailing, word processing data entry, excel budget files, ordering supplies within the ESPRI budget.
- Maintain chronological files of correspondence, documentation and information for all Executive, Task Force, Committees and the Community Advisory Panel
- Set up and maintain both paper and computer files and databases, input information accurately.
- Oversee meetings including taking and transcribing minutes, and correspondence with various agencies, organizations, community-based organizations, community residents as well as government officials. Schedule and set up meeting rooms as necessary (including refreshments).
- Assist with the coordination of major events/projects.
- Assist with the review and completion of time sensitive reports
- Support communication across G.S.H. various stakeholders and structures
- Outside of meetings support community partners in aligning their activities to G.S.H. strategies and overall visions
- Manage the Director of G.S.H. calendar as well as the master calendar of the initiative
- Serve as a representative of the G.S.H. initiative in the community, including effectively communicating the initiative vision, goals, and strategies.
In addition to working directly with the director and all other supporting staff and volunteer, the administrative assistant will also work and engage internal and external stakeholders that include community resident’s government agencies, service providers, funders and community and faith-based organizations and coalitions.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: Preferred degree from business school and three years of office experience or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE/BACKGROUND/KNOWLEDGE: Must have minimum of three years office, database management and computer experience.
SKILLS NECESSARY ON A REGULAR BASIS TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- MS Windows Word, Excel, and Access; ability to learn new and/or customized software.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and writing skills.
- Strong oral and written English language skills.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, manage many concurrent projects and carefully proof own work.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Detail oriented; accuracy and consistency in all work.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and working independently.
- Demonstration of positive interpersonal, strong communication and organizational skills.
- May be asked to work in the evening and on occasional weekends
- Position requires local travel. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
- Vehicle Insurance and up-to-date registration.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY ON A REGULAR BASIS:
- Speech and hearing sufficient for constant in-person and telephone communication.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and reading various documents. Manual dexterity sufficient for frequent use of a computer keyboard and other office equipment and for performing routine office functions, which may include the ability to stuff large quantities of envelopes or collate documents.
- Range of motion sufficient for unassisted movement within the UWCNY office.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry materials to a work location or the ability to place such materials on a handcart or other mode of assistance.
- Ability to travel to and work at various required locations