Donor Privacy Statement
The United Way of Central New York respects the privacy of our donors. Under no circumstances will names, contact information, or any other data related to our donors be sold, shared, or traded to any person or organization for any reason, except as required by law.
All donors, including those using epledge, are given the option to have their names listed or remain anonymous. Donors who indicate to us that they wish to remain anonymous are not listed in any publications.
E-Newsletter and other e-communications
We do not disclose your email address to any third parties. You may sign up for our e-newsletter in confidence, knowing your address will not be shared.
When you donate online by credit card, information is transferred over an encrypted secure socket layer certified by VeriSign.
Website visitor tracking
United Way tracks web use traffic patterns to enhance those areas that are most useful to visitors, but this tracking is never associated with individual users.
A cookie is a small data file that our web site sends to enhance the visitor’s experience but never to track personally identifiable information about the visitor.
Step Up Challenge
Those who enter our annual campaign promotion agree to the rules of the Step Up Challenge promotion, including the agreement that their name and photograph may be used by United Way of Central New York for promotional purposes.
If at any time you believe the information presented by United Way is incorrect or needs to be changed, please contact us.
Website Usage Policy
By visiting this site, you accept the following Terms and Conditions:
- The use of the web site is at your own risk. United Way assumes no liability for any damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the web site.
- Unless otherwise noted, everything at this web site is protected by copyright and may not be used except as provided in this policy.
- United Way of Central New York strives to provide accurate information, however it makes no warranties as to the accuracy of any content and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the site.
- Links provided on certain pages take visitors to web sites that are not the property of United Way of Central New York. United Way of Central New York assumes no responsibility or liability for the content at such sites.
- Images of people, places, and company/organizational logos displayed on the site are either the property of, or used with permission by, United Way of Central New York and may not be used in any form by any other entity without permission. Any such use may be a violation of law.
- United Way of Central New York may revise this Usage Policy at any time. Visitors are bound by the most recent change. If you have any questions concerning this policy, contact us.