The Samaritan Center - An Evening with Carrie Newcome
April 29, 2017
Park Central Presbyterian Church in Syracuse, NY invites you to a community concert to benefit the Samaritan Center, featuring singer-songwriter Carrie Newcomer with pianist Gary Walters.
Date: April 29, 2017, at 7:30 p.m.
Doors open at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets: $25 (includes service fee)
- Open seating, concert begins promptly at 7:30 pm
- Concert performed without intermission
- Stay on for post-concert reception to meet Carrie and purchase CDs
- A portion of each ticket sold benefits the Samaritan Center, with additional donations gratefully accepted at the door, by cash or check payable to Samaritan Center
- Handicapped entrance at 504 E. Fayette Street
- Ample street parking and in nearby lots
Carrie Newcomer, who has performed with Grammy winners Mary Chapin Carpenter and Alison Krauss, will showcase songs from her latest album, The Beautiful Not Yet, as well as selections from her 15 prior solo albums.
Drawing on her contemplative Quaker faith, Newcomer explores in songs how we might live more present, engaged lives, even in the face of division and uncertainty. Of her music and lyrics, Newcomer says, "I've always been more intrigued by good questions than easy answers. Questions like, what sustains and connects us? Where do we find help in hard times? When I stop and pull back the layers of distraction, what is at the very heart of my life?"
The Boston Globe called Newcomer "a prairie mystic" and The Dallas Morning News said, "She's the kind of artist whose music makes you stop, think and then say, 'that is so true'." Billboard magazine praised her "pure, pitch-perfect voice" and Rolling Stone called her "rapturously tuneful."
Artist website: www.carrienewcomer.com
Host website: www.parkcentralchurch.org
Charity partner website: www.samcenter.org